There is an active Parents and Friends' Association (PFA) of which all parents are automatically members.
The aims of the PFA are:
to foster the relationship between the staff, parents and others associated with the School;
to engage in activities which support the School and advance the education of the pupils; and
to enable members and their families to meet socially.
Over the past few years the PFA has funded the purchase of computers, computer software, science equipment, musical instruments, ipads, interactive flat panel screens and many other items.
The school has been making good use of the most recent donation from the PFA. A huge thank you to the PFA Committee for all their fund raising efforts and for the many donations received from all parents and their families. The children have adapted well to this new technology. Please see images below, some very serious faces!
The committee is a small representation of the school – the requirements of the committee are as follows: -
- Members to be elected at the AGM held each September.
- Members should attend a minimum of 50% of the meetings.
- Members should be available to volunteer for the majority of events.
- Resignations of members must be in writing.
- Chairperson / vice chairperson / treasurer & secretary should ideally be in their roles for no longer than 3 years.
- Ideally class reps should be members of the PFA or at least attend meetings.
- The committee should comprise of no more that a maximum of 25 members.