Physical, Social and Health Education
We believe that our PSHE programme should enable children to become healthier, more independent and responsible members of society. We encourage our pupils to play a positive role in contributing to the life of the School and the wider community.
We give children the opportunity to experience democracy through participation in the School Council. They explore their rights and responsibilities and learn to appreciate what it is like to be part of a diverse and multicultural society.
We teach PSHE through a variety of ways;
- Using a variety of subjects including English, Science and RE.
- Assemblies, both teacher-led and those prepared and presented by the pupils.
- Extra-curricular activities.
- Links with parents and with our local parishes.
- Offering children the opportunity to listen to visiting speakers, such as health agencies, fire service, clergy and external agencies such as the NSPCC.
- Within classes, children discuss, agree and challenge their beliefs and views.
- Playtime and lunchtime breaks.